Re: [squid-users] Username Logging via Ident onTerminal Server

From: Andreas Pettersson <andpet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:32:15 +0200

ehum.. I found some interresting details in the documentation for the Ident
daemon I've tried out:

==========
Limitations:
"It does not support multiuser versions of NT like
WinFrame/MetaFrame/WinCenter"
Portability:
"Nor will it support multiuser patched versions of NT (i.e. WinFrame,
MetaFrame or WinCenter) since there is no kernel API to tell who owns a
given TCP session"

This was written in 1999. Perhaps Microsoft has implemented these API's in
more recent versions of Windows.. Perhaps not.
Either way, it's not a squid issue, but if anyone stumbles over a working
ident service, please let me know. Thanks.

/Andreas