[squid-users] Authentication on both reverse proxy and backend server

From: <mathieu.millet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:30:45 +0200

        Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a newbye question but I haven't yet find an answer to my
trouble.

I would like to setup a reverse proxy that authenticates my users from the
Internet. The backend server requires also its own authentication.

Of course, both login/password are differents.

Is it possible ? If yes, would you mind sharing your idea because for now,
I'm failing (despite I think I have already set everything fine :
authentication works on squid and on backend server, reverse proxy works...)
?

I have seen this working with some sort of Firewall, but I would like to do
it with a real HTTP (Reverse-)Proxy server.

Thanks in advance, for any answer.

Sincerely yours, Mathieu MILLET.

PS : I also try with Apache, but I get the same result. (Caching isn't
important since merely all the content is dynamic or private).

--
Mathieu MILLET
mailto:mathieu.millet@ratp.fr