Re: [squid-users] ACL based on User Groups

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:00:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Valdir Henrique Dias Leite wrote:

> I saw wb_group.pl script, which checks, via winbind calls, if a user is or
> not inside a given group.
>
> What I need is to have, 3 ACLs, for example, and divide all my users among
> these groups, like:

This is exacly the purpose of the above script. It is used for building
any number of ACLs referring to NT Domain groups (via Samba).

> groups, apply on of the three ACL above. Here is my problem. After
> authenticating, how to perform the authorization based on which group the
> user is in.

By defining one acl per group, and use these accordingly in http_access.

> I was thinking in pass to squidGuard the name of the group (meaning as a
> "login" ou "username") and create the acls with this information (group
> name) as user names.

This sounds very hard to accomplish.

Much easier to simply use group connectec ACLs within Squid.

There is defails on how to use group helpers in the squid_ldap_group
helper manual. The same principles apply to all group helpers.