Re: [squid-users] Mirroring Windows Update and Squid Accelerator - 2nd round

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:44:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Sampei wrote:

> If I configure 443 port on Squid with https_port directive I must use it as
> Proxy, but if I want to use only Squid as Accelerator how can I solve the
> problem ?

https_port works fine in accelerator mode.

But Suqid-2.5 (without SSL update) can not initiate https:// requests, so
once it has accepted the https:// request it is unlikely to be able to
forward it properly.

> Why W.Update is unlikely to accept https_port directive ?

The client should reject this as the SSL certificate of the server does
nto match, but if you make your own CA trusted by the clients then it may
be possible to work around this.