Re: [squid-users] FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying. (SOLVED)

From: Raymond A. Meijer <rmeijer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:33:52 +0300

On Fri 23 April 2004 22:31, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> I saw earlier in this thread that -O6 was used. Using any -O level above
> -O2 is generally not advisable as there very often lurks compiler bugs at
> those higher levels, and it is in addition not expected higher -O levels
> will give any better performance of Squid. Over the years there has been
> quite many reports about segmentation faults from people using too
> aggressive compiler optimizations, and it has most often been fixed by
> using a normal optimization level.

I think that my problems were caused by the "--enable-dlmalloc" configure
option (I had tried "-O2" before).

Last Friday I recompiled Squid this way:

export CFLAGS="-s -DNUMTHREADS=24"

ulimit -n 4096

./configure --prefix=/opt/squid-2.5.STABLE5 --enable-linux-netfilter
--enable-async-io=24 --enable-underscores '--enable-removal-policies=lru
heap'

make -j3 all

make install

and it's been working perfectly ever since.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions!

Ray