Re: [squid-users] strange requests

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:35:47 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Hilal Afridi wrote:
>

>>Joe i still have not been able to take care of those TCP/MISS 000 requests.
>>I have been trying to post this question to the list by lord knows why it
>>aint getting there.
>

> This question got to the list.
>
> What TCP_MISS/000 problem is you having?
>
> Btw, TCP_MISS/000 indicates there was no reply to this request before the
> client aborted the connection.

I believe it is the same problem that I just discussed with Jason McNeil
this afternoon. Requests generated by a virus that leads to extremely
heavy file descriptor and CPU usage. The workaround (which only
partially solves the problem, but solves it well enough to prevent DoS
of the Squid process) I've been using is to turn off half_closed_clients.

However, Hilal replied further that his Squid already had this option
turned off and it didn't help. It may be that he has a larger infected
population than I've seen, or it may be a different issue entirely.