[squid-users] NTLM Failing and popups occurring in squid 2.5

From: Chris Vaughan <Chris.Vaughan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:27:20 +1000

Hello,

I am using Squid-2.5-STABLE5 together with Samba 3.0.3rc1, Running on
Red Hat Linux 7.3. Recently, clients have been getting an authentication
popup with the proxy server listed as the domain. If this is replaced in
the userid field with the <windows domain>\<userid>, and the password is
entered into its field, authentication is allowed. I have found that
windows domain accounts are occasionally being locked out.

Looking at the Squid Bugzilla lists, it would appear to relate to item
908.

How can I get authentication to work on this server without the popup
occurring?

BTW, does anyone know what has become of the itmanagers.net site?

This message is intended for the addressee named and
may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
the Department of Lands.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper
for the presence of computer viruses.