Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 and Range requests

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:11:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Marc Slaon wrote:

> Since Squid provides parameters to change the behavior, I think it is doing
> a very good job.

Thanks.

> Some suggestions would be
> * Provide a higher default than 16KB for quick_abort_max parameter.

Not sure I agree on this. But it should be noted that I always run with
quick_abort in it's most aggressive setting (quick_abort_max 0 KB) to
avoid the cornercases.

> * Provide the ability to configure the quick_abort_* and range_offset_limit
> parameters on a URL regular expression basis rather than 1 set for all the
> URLs. For ex, this allows Administrators to configure downloads from a
> particular site to become more cacheable, but not change the parameters for
> every other URLs from other sites.

On this I agree.

It should also be noticed that quick_abort_ and range_offset_limit will be
mostly a non-issue when Squid gains the capability to cache partial
objects and I consider this a higher priority task. This is a farily big
job however.