[squid-users] Using ident to authorize users in transparent proxy

From: Rob Hartzenberg <rob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:57:15 +0200

Hi List,

I am interested in using ident or something similar to control who is
allowed to browse and who isnt.
The only snag is this. I need the ident request to be sent to the radius
server, the results (being a username) should then be compared against a
dynamic list (provisioned by the billing system) of who is and who isnt
allowed access.

Or perhaps I am missing something that has been built for this exact
purpose...

The aim, is to control wich dialup users are allowed to browse, but without
affecting their local usage.
The proxy authorization will be usage based, based on the time spent on the
radius logs, but should not disconnect the user, but merly disallow further
web traffic.

Suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Rob