Re: [squid-users] logfile entry "WARNING: preventing off_t overflow"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:16:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Kaiser Michael wrote:

> Apr 30 02:15:17 akropolis squid[7717]: WARNING: preventing off_t overflow
> for
> http://camara.ourdomain.net/fullsize.push?camera=1&sleep=20&newurl=1083254046
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means and how i can prevent this possible below
> overflow.

There is currently a limit in how large responses Squid can handle. This
limit is around 2GB on 32-bit platforms.

This camera is most likely streaming video over HTTP, and to prevent
internal disaster Squid terminates the connection to the camera when about
2GB of data has been transferred.

There is no special action required from your part, unless ofcourse if
your users are having problems due to this.