Re: [squid-users] Problem with squid_ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:19:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 ashish.uchil@tcs.com wrote:

> If an user which has authority to log on to only selected workstation fails
> authentication with the squid_ldap_auth.

This is correct, and how Windows policies works..

> I have tried including squid servers hostname and IP address in the list of
> workstations the user can log on to,but no luck.

Unfortunately I do not know enough of Windows policies to tell how to add
access to non-member stations.. Should be the same method as adding access
to log in from a Windows 9x station I think as these are also "random
stations not member of the domain".

Another option if no solution to this is found is to authenticate via
Samba winbind. When this method is used the Squid server becomes a full
member of the domain, just like any other server or station. This should
make it easier to add login rights to Squid. See the Squid FAQ on how to
configure Squid to use winbind.