Re: [squid-users] Need help with https reverse proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:23:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 teddy.saporte@snecma.fr wrote:

> clientNegociateSSL: Error negociating SSL connection on FD 21:
> error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request(1/-1)

This indicates Squid received a http:// request on it's https_port.. won't
work.

> When I make this https connection to squid (https://mywebserver) i want it
> to redirect to https://myrealwebserver but in fact squid redirect to
> http://myrealwebserver

In Squid-2.5 + SSL update you need to rewrite the protocol to https:// on
the forwarded URL. Due to various reasons it will be http:// when accepted
by the https_port..

> I don't know if it's squirm that can't redirect to https server, or if it's
> my squid configuration that is incorrect. Is there someone who could
> explain me how make an https request with squid.

I am not very familiar with squirm, but I see it very unlikely it can not
rewrite URLs.

Note: The redirector should only rewrite the URL, not send a browser
redirect.

> Maybe what I want to do it's impossible or I must use squid 3.0. But I have
> already an http reverse proxy under squid stable 2.5 which works good so I
> would continue to use this version.

You should not need to use Squid 3.0 for this if you can accept to use a
redirector.