Re: [squid-users] problems with req_mime_type and never_direct

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 23:42:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 May 2004 mangoo@interia.pl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like have certain mimetypes scanned for viruses at another proxy
> (apache with mod_clamav).

Ok.

> My config is like below:
>
> # apache + mod_clamav
>
> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 0 default no-query
>
> # i would like to have all mime types
> # starting with application* (application/octet-stream,
> # application/x-zip-compressed etc) going through default parent
>
> acl scanned_req_mime_type req_mime_type ^application/*
> never_direct allow scanned_req_mime_type

What do you refer to by "mime types" here?

a) Mime type of the request send by the client to the web server. I.e.
content of a new file to be published on the web server via the PUT
WebDAV method (not form based file upload).

b) Mime type of the response sent by the web server in response to the
request. I.e. when the browser fetches an object from the web server.

If the first then what you have done should work. This is however a very
rare operation so I doubt this is what you is looking for.

If the second then it can not work as the response mime type is only known
when receiving the response, and to receive the response one must first
forward the request..