RE: [squid-users] Re: HOWTO use W2K groups for access?

From: Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 20:43:33 +0200

Hi all,

I have tried all sorts of things. Too many to mention, but I pretend to have read all messages relating to my problem (and than some) and have not foud the answer.

All I want is that Squid checks whether the user that wants a page is member of a certain group (Domain Admins). I have the wbinfo_groups.pl installed in /usr/bin. I have installed Debian Sarge, kernel 2.6.3-1-686, Samba 3.0.2a-Debian, Winbindd version 3.0.2a-Debian and Squid Cache version 2.5.STABLE5 for i386-debian-linux-gnu.

I have done all the tests described in the FAQ and they ran OK. Running wbinfo_groups.pl seems to go OK: I start the script, answer with "Domain\user Domain\group" and it returns OK if amember, ERR otherwise.

I have no clue how to proceed.

Is there anyone who has it working? If so, could you send me your squid.conf file or at least send the relevant portions?

TIA

Joost