[squid-users] RE: Re: HOWTO use W2K groups for access?

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:36:47 -0400

Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> All I want is that Squid checks whether the user that wants a page is
> member of a certain group (Domain Admins). I have the wbinfo_groups.pl
> installed in /usr/bin. I have installed Debian Sarge, kernel 2.6.3-1-686,
> Samba 3.0.2a-Debian, Winbindd version 3.0.2a-Debian and Squid Cache
> version 2.5.STABLE5 for i386-debian-linux-gnu.
>
> I have done all the tests described in the FAQ and they ran OK. Running
> wbinfo_groups.pl seems to go OK: I start the script, answer with
> "Domain\user Domain\group" and it returns OK if amember, ERR otherwise.
>
> I have no clue how to proceed.

Something like this should work for you:

external_acl_type NTGroup %LOGIN /path/to/wbinfo_group.pl
acl auth_users NTGroup "Domain Admins"
http_access allow auth_users

This covers the group helper. If you need help getting the basic/NTLM auth
helpers working, see the Squid FAQ for details.

There is also info in the default squid.conf that describes options you can
pass the the external_acl_type parameter to control number of helper
processes, time to cache helper replies, etc.

Adam