Re: [squid-users] Squid + SSL CA.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 08:01:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Ivan Doitchinov wrote:

> I am using squid V2.5.STABLE1 on Red Hat linux and I am trying to set up
> an SSL proxy (CONNECT method). It all works fine except that I can't
> figure out how to add my own CA certificate in order to prevent a TLS
> Unkonwn CA fatal error.

???

CA certifcates is not relevant to CONNECT method proxies. These just
provide a transparent tunnel between the client and the requested SSL
server, and is even ignorant to if the tunnel is used for SSL or something
else...

> My squid was compiled with "--enable-ssl" and "with-openssl=/usr/kerberos".

As above.. this is only required if you are configuring an SSL accelerator
/ reverse proxy, where your Squid is to accept https:// requests as if it
is a SSL server via the https_port directive.

This is not a SSL proxy for Internet access.

REgards
Henrik