[squid-users] Re: How to prevent to download files

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:09:59 -0400

Remus wrote:

> What kind of acl rule I have to use to prevent users to download all
> files, except the .pdf, .doc, and .xls?

Are you aware that if you only allow those three extenstions, you will
prevent normal web browsing? This is because, to Squid, both browsing and
downloading are simply HTTP requests for various URLs.

However, if you still want to do this, this will do what you want:

acl allow_files urlpath_regex -i \.pdf$ \.doc$ \.xls$
http_access deny !allow_files

Adam