[squid-users] multiple requests to authenticate

From: Raymond Norton <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:16:09 -0500

We run squid with ncsa_auth on a number of IPCop boxes with dansguardian
installed. Normally, when a user logs in they do not need to authenticate
again unless they open another browser window. I am getting complaints from
one school that they are being asked to reauthenticate multiple times per
session now. Is there something I can add to my squid.conf that will
eliminate this? As long as I'm at it I would like to modify my config (if
possible), so users only need to login once per session, no matter how many
windows they have open.

Raymond Norton
LCTN
admin@lctn.org