Re: [squid-users] HTTP1.1 persistent connections & pipelining when used as load balancer?

From: Edward Chee <edward_chee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:23:18 -0700

> > From scanning the Squid website and archives it looks like Squid might
be
> > able to do this. I see that Squid can be configured in reverse-proxy
mode as
> > a load balancer. I've also seen indications that HTTP1.1 persistent
> > connections is supported - but I haven't been successful at finding
clear &
> > definitive documentation on this.
>
> Squid supports HTTP/1.0 persistent connections. Squid does not yet fully
> support HTTP/1.1.

Thanks for the clarification. Even without pipelining, persistent
connections should free up significant CPU on the real servers.

I've been trying to find some benchmarks so that I can get an idea how many
incoming concurrent connections Squid can process per second when acting as
a load balancer in reverse proxy mode with persistent connections to real
servers. Any ideas where I can find some numbers?

Thanks
ed