[squid-users] Re: Download and Web sites connexion problem

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:51:28 -0400

Jean-Philippe Houde wrote:

> When I download a big file, the download get cut off in the middle of it.
> With Mozilla, it just tell that the download is finish and IE give me an
> error message like "The server return an unknown status code" (sorry I
> don't remember it well).

It really does help if you have the exact error message; however, I'm going
to guess that Squid has been configured with a maximum download size.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.21

> Also, sometimes when we browse, we click on a link and we get a page
> cannot be displayed, then we just click back and click the link again,
> everything is then fine!

Does it happen only with IE? Are you using authentication? If so, then it
might be this problem:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-5.html#ss5.13

Adam