RE: [squid-users] Delay of initial response from server

From: Angela Burrell <angela@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:38:39 -0400

FYI, I have the same problem. But it seems to be random. Like I click on a
link, and nothing happens for a good 15 seconds, at which point I click
again, and it suddenly works. And the log shows nothing unusual.

And sometimes I get the following error message when clicking on a link:

-------

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/ShowJob_en.asp?

The following error was encountered:
 - Connection Failed

The system returned:
 (101) Network is unreachable

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

There is a generated by message from my squid proxy. This error seems to be
random and, if you click the back button in the browser then retry the link,
it loads perfectly (and quickly).

Do you get this error message too Jim?