Re: [squid-users] Delay of initial response from server

From: Jim McCarty <soob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:44:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm, I tried using the IP instead and I *do* get almost immediate
Powerbook and I don't see this delay in initial response when I'm at home
and not going through squid.

Also, I can use lynx from the server (on which squid is running) and there
is no delay in accessing any web sites using their fqdn.

Is there some DNS setting I made in my initial setup while on cable that I
need to change now that I'm using a different service?

Thanks again, Jim

--
"You have a good knowledge of Unix and a girlfriend. Not many people can
say that."