Re: [squid-users] Delay of initial response from server

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:23:17 +0200

Sorry, not familiar with MacOS X, but I assume it has more in common
with Unix as just the "X" ...

If your resolver is configured correctly, nslookup/lynx works fine. If
your squid is asking another nameserver, this _could_ explain the
phenomenon. Check squid.conf:

# TAG: dns_nameservers
# Use this if you want to specify a list of DNS name servers
# (IP addresses) to use instead of those given in your
# /etc/resolv.conf file.
#
# Example: dns_nameservers 10.0.0.1 192.172.0.4
#
#Default:
# none

I would use an local DNS with the providers DNS as forwarder.

Regards, Hendrik