[squid-users] squid, debian and delay pools

From: Hement Gopal <hementg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:58:46 +0200

hi all

two questions in one mail..hope no one minds...

first off, i'm building a new squid server and want to run it on Debian.
Its an Intel 2.2 Gh with 2Gb RAM and 3 x 32 Gb Seagate SCSI drives.

my first problem is that when i am installing debian, the hard drives
are not found by Debian so i cannot continue with Debian install. Any
debian users out there that can assist? or should i just install redhat
9 (coz that OS seems to see hard drives)

secondly, i want to (at some point in teh future) use delay pools. can i
compile squid with delay pools feature now but not activate it just yet.
if yes, will it affect my squid perfromance in any way?

many thanks

rgds,
hement gopal