[squid-users] Re: squid, debian and delay pools

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:13:47 -0400

Hement Gopal wrote:

> my first problem is that when i am installing debian, the hard drives
> are not found by Debian so i cannot continue with Debian install. Any
> debian users out there that can assist? or should i just install redhat
> 9 (coz that OS seems to see hard drives)

Are you installing the 2.2 kernel or the 2.4 kernel? If 2.2, try installing
the 2.4 kernel (type "bf24" at the boot prompt). Further questions should
be directed to the Debian users mailing list, where you'll get better help.

RedHat 9 is no longer receiving updates (including security fixes) so it
should not be used on a production server. If you choose to go this route,
use the latest Fedora core and not RedHat 9.

> secondly, i want to (at some point in teh future) use delay pools. can i
> compile squid with delay pools feature now but not activate it just yet.
> if yes, will it affect my squid perfromance in any way?

Yes, you can. No, it won't.

Adam