Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid not refreshing cache for some URL's

From: Peter Rundle <prundle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:13:05 +1000

Thanks for your reply Adam,

> According to the Cacheability Test Engine (Google for it), that URL has no
> Expires, Cache Control, or Last-Modified header, so Squid has no way of
> knowing when newer content is available.
>
> This is the fault of the remote site, not Squid.

Ok, but according to the test engine (thanks for that too btw) the result is

   "This object will be considered stale"

If so why doesn't squid refresh it every time, why does it continue to serve the cached
version days or even weeks later?

Alternatively is there an easy way to tell squid to never cache that URL?. (I'm sure there
is but I'm still pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to configuring squid).

Thanks

P.