[squid-users] Question about refresh page..

From: <jimtorelli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:18:41 +0000

Hi everyone!

Hey, I'm attemping to use Squid with a WAP gateway and noticed
something happening that I was hoping someone could shed some light on..

I have a particular URL that I try to access from the WAP gateway (
say, www.foobar.com/index.html), which inturn makes a request to Squid.
The host/port used in this URL (www.foobar.com port 80) is unreachable
from the box Squid is running on and will get a Connection Refused if
you try and open that port.

However, when I try and access this page via Squid, I see a line in the
access.log or it with a status 200 and get the following response back
to my phone (even though the URL is unreachable):

<HTML><HEAD>
<META-HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0" URL="www.foobar.com/index.html>
</HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML>

At this point, I'm unsure if this HTML snipplet is coming from Squid or
the WAP gateway..

So here are my questions:

1) Is this HTML generated somehow by Squid?
2) If so, is there anywhere in the configuration to change this
behavior?
3) Assuming this is not a configurable thing, where would I look in the
source to modify this behavior to either return different content or a
standard HTTP error?

Thanks!!
jim