[squid-users] Basic wb_group and ntlm wb_group ?

From: Stuart Westbury <stuart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:29:32 +1000

Hi squid-users,

I have my linux proxy using winbind auth at the moment, but I want to have
two groups. One that is allowed NTLM authentication transparently, and one
that must use basic. I have all three auth systems working, but not
together.

My current configuration is that when a user tries to use the proxy, they
supply user/pass to wb_auth, and if they are in a group in Active Directory
called G_Internet, they are allowed in. This works well.

-- Current Config --

external_acl_type NT_global_group %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/wb_group

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/wb_auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm The Proxy server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 1 hours

acl ieuser external NT_global_group G_Internet
http_access allow ieuser

Is there a way to have a second group that uses the transparent NTLM
athentication? I tried a few different configs with no success. Any nudge in
the right direction would be great!

Thanks,
Stu