[squid-users] How can I set a daily maximum download amount ? (2nd post....)

From: Valter Dal Bo <dalbo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:37:03 +0200

Hi all !

Seeing that nobody has ever acknowledged receiving or reading this
messages, I'm posting it again. :-)

How can I set a maximum daily download amount for each user ?

I have users that download a lot of small (2-3Mb) files and by doing so
use a lot of bandwidth.
How can I block a particular user from download any more files after
reaching a set amount ?
Is there anyhow I can do that ?

Delay pools, as much as I know after reading quite a bit about it,
aren't good enough for the purpouse.

It would be even better if I could let my users download a fixed amount
"per category (e.g.: exe files, pdf files, zip files etc....)

Can it be done ?

Thank you
Valter