RE: [squid-users] Cache Performance Tips

From: Jerry Norton <jnorton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:17:52 -0600

Thank you for the link..that was what I was looking for.

Yes the DL360 will just be used for a demo. I am using squidGuard for
redirection and blacklists and feel comfortble with that but the sheer
volume of different settings in squid.conf has me a little worried.

For the demo, the ACL's and blacklists will impress the most but I want
to understand the caching better before the server gets thrown into the
fire. Is there any way to auto stress test squid? Any apps or the
like?

If all goes well, we will implement squid in a tradeshow environment
with about 500 computers. I have a request to purchase 2 bigger and
faster servers that will be run as peers to load balance.

Specs for production servers are follows:

Debian Woody Stable
P4 2.6 GHz / 512k cache
1 gb RAM
(2) 80gb ATA HDD - probably be mirrored for failsafe

Thanks for the help everyone!
-jnorton