[squid-users] Re: Re: Basic wb_group and ntlm wb_group ?

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:34:20 -0400

Emilio Casbas wrote:

> Adam Aube wrote:

>>This is not possible. Squid presents all configured auth schemes to client
>>browsers, and the browser picks the auth scheme to use. If you configure
>>both NTLM and basic, IE will use NTLM and other browsers will use basic.

> Then, what does it is the feature NTLM authentication in the "what`s
> new" in mozilla 1.6? It isn't clear if mozilla can or not can to use the
> NTLM authentication through squid.

Newer versions of Mozilla can use NTLM, but IIRC it still uses a pop-up
login box like with basic auth, then encodes this into NTLM for
communicating with the server.

However, I do not use Mozilla in an environment with NTLM auth, so I do not
know how to set this up or if Mozilla will prefer NTLM over basic if
presented with both.

Adam