[squid-users] Ldap and ssl on transparant proxy

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:12:10 -0400

I had written previously, haven't seen any help yet.

I configured squid 2.5stable5 with enable-ssl and -enable basic auth
helpers=ldap.
I'm also using squidguard and its running on Suse Linux.

I'd like to ldap authenticate all users through squid, running as a reverse
proxy (accelerated mode) and allow access to multiple back-end web servers.
Ie: website.com/intranet, website.com/webmail, website.com/customers.
Squidguard allows this to happen, without ssl and ldap taking place.

The problem is that the authentication doesn't want to work in accelerated
mode.

"Authentication not applicable on accelerated requests" is the
authentication error I am getting.

Searching the web I found a couple of references to
defines=dauth_on_acceleration in the makefile, but that didn't seem to help,
I still get the same errors.

Anyone out there reverse proxying with ldap authen that can help?

thanks

Chris Perreault