RE: [squid-users] Fails to Start

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:49:47 -0400

Good chance it is file permissions on your cache directory. Squid -z creates
the swap directories. Check the cache_effective_user within the squid.conf
file, if you are starting squid as root. That conf file user is who needs
permissions to the swap directories and log file directories. Check the
var/spool/squid permissions.

Chris Perreault