RE: [squid-users] Hi, I am currenty trying out squid 3.0 in accel erator mode and have a few questions about redirecting url and url-paths. ..

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:14:56 -0400

I've set up and use Squidguard from http://www.squidguard.org . I'm fairly
new to squid, have been playing with it for about a month while juggling
other tasks, but we want to do the same thing you are attempting. Squidguard
let us set up exactly what you describe below. This wasn't difficult to do.
We actually want to move to the point where we have two proxies set up in
accelerated (reverse proxy mode) One for our users who are travelling and
one for users at the office. This will let us present a single user
experience for them. Domain.com/server1 will map to 192.x.x.1 and
domain.com/server2 will map to 192.x.x.2 All they need to know is to go to
the public site, www.domain.com and click on a link that brings them to this
"portal" type page. This way they do not have to know a lot of different
addresses. The above I get working fine with 2.5 stable5. Adding ldap will
let us know who they are before they hit the menu page (portal) and then
customers will see and have access to some links, inside people access to
other links, etc.

Chris Perreault
Webmaster/MCSE
The Wiremold Company