[squid-users] SSL CA question

From: alpi <alpheus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:31:47 +0200

Hi,
I am using Squid 2.5S5 with ssl-patch. Squid is acting as a ssl gateway
perfectly (only https between client and squid).
For iis and apache (command SSLCertificateChainFile), there is the
possibility to chain several certificates together: server certificate,
ca certificate root certificate. Useful, if the ca and root certificate
are not included in the browser.
In this case, the ca and root certificates are transmitted to the client
without the message about an untrustable ca and those certificates are
installed all at once.

Is this possible in squid, too? I tried to include all three
certificates in one file (server, ca, root). Squid started, but still
seems to only use the server certificate, so I still get the browser
warnings.
The addons of the ssl patch seem only to be of relevance for client
certificates and https between squid and server.
The additional parameters like cafile or sslproxy_cafile seem not to be
used for my problem.

Thx in advance,
alp