[squid-users] SSL help needed!

From: alpi <alpheus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:18:36 +0200

Hi, I am using Squid 2.5S5 successfully as ssl gateway.

Since all my certificates are selfsigned, the user gets the warnings
about an untrusted website, which is ok since naturally my test root ca
is not contained in the web browser.

If I buy a "real" certificate, I am happy as long as the root ca (like
verisign...) is included in the web browser.
But if not, the warnings correctly still appear.

Now my question: Is it with squid (like with IIS or apache) possible to
chain server certificate and ca certificate together so that the user
gets both certificates in a transparent manner and with only one request?

Thx for any help,
alp