RE: [squid-users] Hi, I am currenty trying out squid 3.0 in accel erator mode and have a few questions about redirecting url and url-paths . ..

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:46:22 -0400

Squidguard is not configured differently when used in reverse proxy
(accelerated) mode. Squid.conf needs some changes though.

Here is a sample squidguard.conf file. The one included with it didn't
really help much with the reverse proxy mode.

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~squidguard.conf ..start ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

logdir /var/log/squidGuard
dbhome /var/lib/squidGuard/db

src groupname {
    ip 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255

rew get_local {
        s@.*10.87.88.4/intranet@http://10.87.94.230/intranet@i
        s@.*10.87.88.4/images@http://10.87.94.230/images@i
        s@.*10.87.88.4/webshare@http://10.87.94.230/webshare@i
        s@.*10.87.88.4/i2@http://10.87.94.230@i
        s@.*10.87.88.4/test@http://10.87.15.219/mainpage@i #### test web
for service center
        s@.*10.87.88.4/exchange@http://10.87.96.120/exchange/logon.asp@i
        s@.*10.87.88.4/@http://10.87.92.125/mainportal/homepage.jsp@i
        }

acl {
    groupname {
        rewrite get_local
        pass all
    }
   default {
        redirect http://somesite.com
           }
}

The above should get you started. My testing got me this far, so squid
proxies for multiple back end servers. Again, this works on 2.5stable5.

Chris