[squid-users] Newbie questions

From: Peter Marshall <peter.marshall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:19:53 -0300

Hi all.

I just installed squid (last week), and have been playing around with it for
a bit ....

I would like to try and reduce the conf file by oh say ... 2000 lines :) ..
but I really don't understated what allot of the configurations are for ..
even after reading endless amounts of docs .... Does any one have a good
"default" squid config .. that only allows for normal http and ftp stuff.

My second question has to do with stats ... I have been trying mrtg .. I
have it installed .. but I can not figure out how to make it show a graph
... If someone knows how to do this I would Really appreciate it .... I fond
a page with a load of config files on it ... but I am not sure how to get
them to work. The page I found was this:
http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/SquidMonitoringWithMRTG

Anyway, if someone who does not mind helping out a newbie would not mind
giving me a hand, I would REALLY appreciate it .... I am more stuck on the
last question .....

Thank you.
Peter Marshall