Re: [squid-users] access to a website for specific users

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:29:10 +0530

> Since we are using DHCP I cant allow access based on IP address.

We can not give the restriction on sited to the users with DHCP IP's based one.
There is two way to give the restriction if you are using proxy authentication method.

1. Using the arp (machine address control). You have to successfully compile the squid with --enable-arp-acl configure option.
we can control the users over the DHCP ip's

2. Using the authentication methods. Give the specific users to every one in the network. It will be helpful to do the restriction.

> I can add the website to the block list to block, but I need to provide
> access to some set of users.

If you do anyone of the above one,we can accomplish this.

Regards,
Muthukumar.

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============