[squid-users] Re: Re: Question about L1 and L2

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:40:55 -0400

Please don't top post (put your response before the original message) - it
makes the message harder to follow.

yo2lux wrote:

>>> I want to use for squid 24 GB cache..
>>> how much L1 and L2 cache recommanded for me ?

>> From posts in the archives, the defaults are good up to about 6.5 GB.
>> Multiply the default L1 value accordingly. L2 can basically be left
>> alone.

> when i put cache_dir ufs /var/squid/cache 24000 64 256, is good ?

Yes, though if you plan to have more than about a dozen concurrent users,
you should use aufs or diskd instead of ufs (aufs on Linux; diskd on BSD).

Also, make sure you have enough memory to support this large a cache.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-8.html#ss8.11

Adam