[squid-users] Re: squid filtering / scanning

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:15:51 -0400

Kendrick wrote:

> I am wondering if it is possible to essentualy log the whole session
> per browser request... ie follow a specific users travel through a
> website, note any java/active-X downloadible auto install etc.

There are tools that do this now simply by tailing access.log. Each
downloaded Java program or ActiveX control will show as a separate entry.

> I am needing to be able to have squid eventually scan the html and any
> java/perl/activex stuff related to the source and coolwebsearch/gator
> etc be automaticly removed keeping unpatched versions of ie safe from
> such trickery.

Search the archives for "anti-virus", "virus protection", and "content
scanner" to find more info on this.

> I would also be interested in finding out the locations that are adding
> to this problem by hosting the webpages and the viruses/parasites.

That would depend on the capabilities of the content scanning tool you
choose to use.

Adam