[squid-users] Where are the DNS entries stored?

From: dravya <dravya@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:15:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I have recently started using squid (not transparent yet). I have a few questions:

1) Where are the DNS entries stored by squid. I specified 10000 entries in the squid.conf
but I don't know where they are stored. I want to know how much disk space it takes?

2) I am having problems with the conditional GET (if-modified-since). I keep getting
TCP_MISS/304. I know what the problem is. The question is how do I fix it? If i go to
www.squid-cache.org then the next time I go there i should get a TCP_HIT. I get either a
TCP_MISS or TCP_REFRESH_HIT. How can I work around these problems????

3) Is there a way to limit the size of the logs created by squid?

Thank you very much for your time... I appreciate any suggestions/comments/concerns

cheers
Dravya