[squid-users] Java auth popup when using NTLM

From: Jean-Philippe Houde <jphml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:35:37 +0000

Hi,

I have a problem with Java. When it is installed on a machine and you go on a
website with java applet, it always prompt for user authentication. I am
using NTLM as authentication method. I searched for a way to bypass the java
auth but I didn't find anything very helpful.

Does anyone have a way to fix that? I tried an ACL like

acl JAVA urlpath_regex "/etc/squid/acl/java.txt"
http_access allow JAVA

in java.txt I have extentions like .js .class... I also put the http_access
before any http_access with ACL using proxy_auth.

It would be very appreciated if you point me to any documentations about that
problem.

Thanks,
Jean-Philippe