[squid-users] Fwd: digest_pw_auth from Squid 3.0DEV with Squid 2.5STABLE5

From: <a6u5e@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:37:43 -0400

A lightbulb popped up over my head after reading this piece:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200112/0960.html

So instead of ./pam_auth, I tried ./digest_pw_auth. The resulting error gave the clue:

Usage: digest_pw_auth [OPTIONS] <passwordfile>
  -c accept digest hashed passwords rather than plaintext in passwordfile

BTW, why is it that I have to do the full "make" in /path/to/squid-3.0-PRE3 and wait for it to error out, before I can get a successful "make" in ./helpers? If I skip straight to "make" in ./helpers, it invariably fails with "ld: can't locate file for: -lmiscutil".