Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid is falling periodically

From: Artem Stepanoff <Artem.Stepanoff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:37:00 +0300

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 01:35:33PM -0400, Adam Aube wrote:

> Start with this page:
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/
>
> Near the bottom are links to available patches and Bugzilla entries for
> Squid 2.5STABLE5. See if any of those apply. If there is no bug, look at
> the FAQ for bug submission and submit one.
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.19

The problem is connected with a big amount of cache (290G).
Maybe, I have some configuration problems in the kernel, especially
troubles with message queues or shared memory:

options MSGMNB=16384 # max characters per message queue
options MSGMNI=41 # max number of message queue identifiers
options MSGSEG=4096 # max number of message segments in the system
options MSGSSZ=64 # size of a message segment MUST be power of 2
options MSGTQL=4096 # max amount of messages in the system

options SHMALL=262144 # max amount of shared memory (bytes)
#options SHMMAX="(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)"
options SHMMAX=268435456

# max shared memory segment size (bytes)
options SHMMNI=33 # max number of shared memory identifiers
options SHMSEG=128 # max shared memory segments per process

I can't find necessary patches at http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/

Maybe, there are some recommendations for configuring squid with such amount of
cache.
Thanks for your advice.

--
 KESH-RIPE