RE: [squid-users] proxy anonymous

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:28:07 +0200

> >>hi and good week(-end all
> >>
> >>can i configure squid to be anonymous proxy ?
> >>

> > What do you mean by 'anonymous' ?
> >
> > M.
> >

> anonymous in a sense that nobody can trace my ip or my os settings
> when i surf the net

  Set

      forwared_for off

  in squid.conf.

  Then SQUID will set(use) 'X-Forwarded-for:unknown' in the http request headers.
  And the remote site will no longer be able to detect your ip address.

  For testing , how much they know about you , so to speak. Check , for instance
  before and after making changes to squid.conf with :

        http://www.showmyip.com/

 M.

  M.