Re: [squid-users] Connection Timed Out While Squid Running Well

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:13:44 +0530

> my squid is running well, my primary proxy is running well when i'm
> testing it via browser

Did you check the authentication from your machine to the parent proxy directly ( set your browser to use proxy <ip-address of
parent proxy> 8080 ) with the user / password (login=xxx:xxx) during the test.

> but when i set up my browser to use my own squid as
> proxy i can't connect to the internet.
>
> this is my setting for cache peer
> cache_peer 202.xxx.xxx.xxx parent 8080 3130 login=xxx:xxx default

Arrange the same setup of cache_peer without the login=xxx:xxx.
Can you able to connect the the web from browser through the local proxy and parent proxy.

> after checking the cache log i found my squid assumed that the digest from
> cache parent temporarily disabled and the cache parent is dead.(the fact
> the cache parent is running well)
> from the access.log it has an action code 504 (Gateway Time Out) ???

The results of above two tests will be used to find the problem.

Regards,
Muthukumar.

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============