Re: [squid-users] IE search from address bar + Squid

From: David Rippel <RippelD@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:34:25 -0400

Muthukumar -

Two flaws in your append_domain suggestion:

1. This would only work for .com domains.
2. We already use append_domain with our domain for internal users.

Regards,
David

>>> "Muthukumar" <kmuthu_gct@hotmail.com> 6/11/2004 9:12:18 AM >>>
=====
[RE] Squid code understanding and changing to your requirement is a good one. But there is a option in squid.conf file called
append_domain. Use that option as

# It is used to resolve urls with out .com keyword
append_domain .com
[RE] Now it will try resolve for dell with the appeneded domain of .dom as http://dell.com append_domain option will resolve your
problem. It can be used for if you directly type the url as http://dell.com
=====