[squid-users] Punching a hole in redirector

From: Matt Ashfield \(UNB\) <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:26:13 -0300

Hey all

I have a basic redirector script that forces all incoming requests to a
specific webpage. The guts of the script is at the bottom of this post.

My question is what if I want to allow a specific request through, in my
case www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com The problem becomes that on that site,
the images, etc, are all at different url's, so when I try to allow just
that link through, when it goes to grab images and other things it
completely messes up.

Anyone have any ideas? Would squirm be useful here?

Thanks

while (<>){

 if (!(
        ($url =~ m@\Q$allowed1/\E@) or
        ($url =~ m@\Q$allowed2/\E@)
       ) )
    {
       # If not going to the registration related webpages, then redirect to
there.
       print "$force_url $addr/$fqdn $ident $method\n";
    }
    else {
       # Else already going to the appropriate directory, so you can
continue.
       print "$url $addr/$fqdn $ident $method\n";
    }