[squid-users] How to force using cached data if server not available?

From: Adam Smith <asmith8@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:51:22 -0400

I'm using Squid 2.5.stable5 as an http accelerator for an Apache server that
runs a lot of resource-intensive CGI scripts. Squid does a great job of
reducing the load when it gets hit by heavy traffic, but sometimes it's
still not enough (such as when Google's spider tries to open 200+
simuleanteous connections that all run several DB queries) and the server
will stop responding.

When this happens I'd like Squid to just use whatever it has in the cache
even if it's stale, rather than giving an error message. Is there a way I
can do this?